Research

Exhibition – Potential Space

After much stress over trying to find an exhibition space in order to showcase the work from my Final Project I finally found St Mary’s Guildhall on Lincoln High Street, after getting in touch with them they let me know the space was available on the dates I wanted (6-8 October) and would cost £100 for the three days. I went to look round the space and the lower hall is a good possible space that has a large space in the centre of the room and interesting walls that can be projected onto. Also by using the lower hall it creates an effective flow through from the entrance and makes it easier to keep an eye on this during the opening times of the exhibition. As they entrust the keys with you the space can be open when you want it, allowing me to have an opening event on Thursday 6 October and then just open in the days on Friday 7 and Saturday 8 October.

Initial thoughts are to have the sculptural elements on plinths in the centre of the space and then the projection of the interaction JavaScript animation on one wall and the 3D animation edit on another. There could potentially be space to include some work in progress pieces from Project 1 and Project 2, or these could be placed in the entrance area to lead people into the final work.

The next steps are to confirm the booking of the venue and then promote it, I will need to decide on a name and branding for the show and then send invites out on social media and perhaps the creation of a small brochure to accompany it.

Lower Hall:

Upper Hall:

Standard