Experiments

JavaScript Blender Animation – Mic Input

As part of the next stage in my experiments in JavaScript was to attempt to connect the microphone frequency interaction with the blender animation, originally I had wanted the animation to be triggered by the microphone frequency and after multiple tries at coding this I unfortunately could not figure out how to call the animation based on the frequency value and then render both this and the interaction together. I will continue to look into how this could be connected, but in the meantime I managed to combine both aspects separately. For this I included the microphone interaction of the rotation of the mouth depending on the frequency value with the playing of the different blender animation states. To refine this I kept just the one mouth and split this into two parts that can be rotated separately to give the effect of the mouth moving and attempting to speak. I assigned each part a separate frequency value to trigger its movement, the top part reacts to the mid-range while the bottom the low frequencies. This results in a mouth movement which is quite natural with the bottom jittering much more like its chattering on a low murmur. Coupled with the blender animation the final effect gives the sense of the intensity of the voice (the tentacle) wrapping round and attempting to stop the mouth (the body) from extending itself into the world.

Standard

One thought on “JavaScript Blender Animation – Mic Input

1. Oscar Martinez says:

Can i take a look on that script? I’m trying to make exactly that in blender and i dont know how.